Zucchini is probably one of the most versatile foods out there, which is the reason we love cooking and baking with it. Our most recent recipe is the perfect, healthy dinner idea. It’s ideal for a dinner party starter or a light dinner for the whole family. It’s quick and obviously; delicious!
Here’s how to make it:
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2/3 chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup pasta sauce – or for a healthier option; try using a homemade tomato paste.
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Oil the baking dish with your choice of oil – we suggest odourless coconut oil
- Add the chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt, pepper garlic and sauce. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Slice the chicken into small pieces when cooked.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half with a spoon. Try leave at least a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat.
- Place the zucchini in the baking dish with the cut-side facing up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the parmesan, then the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh basil or coriander to serve