Chia, goji berry and strawberry smoothie bowl
If you’ve spent any time on Instagram in the last year, you would have noticed the smoothie bowl trend taking over your newsfeed. And for good reason. Not only do these smoothie bowls look delicious on camera but they are the epitome of health. These bowls are usually filled to the brim with superfoods, protein and other tasty things! So, even though we were a bit late to the smoothie bowl party, we decided to tag onto the trend and design a superfood smoothie bowl of our own. Here’s what we came up with:
Looks delicious doesn’t it?
Here’s what’s in there!
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder ( We used pea protein to keep things vegan)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ frozen banana (Yes, you can use a regular banana, but then you may have to add some ice to your smoothie bowl.)
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
For the top…
You can really get creative here. We added:
- Gogi Berries
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Shavings
- A sprinkle of homemade sugar-free granola
- Place the kale or spinach, and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen mixed berries, banana, and honey to the blender. Blend until you’re happy with the texture
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice. Eat up 🙂
P.S .Tag @fitstrongsa in any of your Instagram smoothie posts.