Grain-free, sugar-free, gluten-free chickpea cookies
Yup, you read that right. Chickpea cookies have been the latest craze in the gluten-free world. So naturally, we took to the kitchen to try these treats out. And wow – we were pleasantly surprised! This healthy bites are absolutely ideal for snack time, tea time or any time! Go on, give them a go; you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- 4 large soft Medjool dates, pitted. You can use chocolate chips here if you’d prefer a chocolatey treat!
- 2 Tbsp smooth unsweetened all-natural peanut butter or cashew butter
- 4 Tbsp flax seed powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon of coconut milk (you can use any milk here though)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional but yummy!!)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prep the over tray with baking paper or coconut oil. Combine all the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until mix-well and slightly sticky. Spoon the mixture into balls and placed them onto the prepared oven tray. Pop them in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Let them cool down after you’ve put them in the oven- the longer they cool, the harder they get.