Healthy Homemade Protein Snickers
- 50g vanilla protein powder (We stock Nutritech protein at the gym)
- 10g coconut flour
- 80g almonds or peanuts (crushed)
- 50g seedless dates – we suggest using fresh Medjool dates- available at any Woolies or Dischem!
- 40g dark chocolate – the higher the percentage, the better.
- 40ml almond milk
- 1tsp salted caramel flavouring
Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
For the base
Mix together the protein, coconut flour, 60g almonds and almond milk. Add the milk slowly and stir as you pour. Once it’s all mixed together, place it in the fridge and leave to cool until you have finished the middle layer.
For the middle layer
Place the dates in the microwave for 2 minutes. Take out and stir until completely softened. Add in the remaining 20g almonds and salted caramel flavouring and stir.
Then, take the base layer out of the fridge and cut the dough into 6 rectangle shapes. Place each bar on the baking tray leaving a space between each one. Spoon the dates layer on top and smooth over each bar with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
For the top
Take the bars out of the fridge and dip them into your melted chocolate until the bars are completely covered in the chocolate. Place the bars back on the baking tray and leave to cool in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours until hardened.